Get Ready for the Fair!
Gallery: Fun at the Kiwanis of Griffin Fair [11 Images] Click any image to expand.
The Spalding County Fair is almost here! Hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Griffin, this year’s fair will take place October 9th through the 17th. Folks from far and wide will be coming to see a brilliant showcase of everything Spalding County has to offer. There’s no doubt that, if you’ve been in the area for any amount of time, you’ve been to the fair at least once. No matter what you’ve seen in the past, this year promises to be a better year for the fair than ever before. Kiwanis of Griffin is pulling out all the stops, and whether you’re looking forward to chowing down on the Kiwanianne’s famous Korn Dawgs, marveling at the local talent on display in the pavilions, or just enjoying Belle City Amusements’ thrilling rides, there’s going to be a lot more fun to be had at the fair than you remember.
That’s because Kiwanis of Griffin has been working hard at making this fair the biggest and best one yet. You’ll see everything you’ve come to expect from the Spalding County Fair. The double ferris wheel is making a return, and your favorite rides will be ready and waiting for you (inspected and certified by the Georgia Office of Insurance and the State Fire Marshall’s Office). You’ll also find the classic fair food staples like funnel cakes, candy apples, lemonade, and gigantic slices of hot pizza alongside the Lions Club’s “walking tacos” and the Kiwaniannes’ Korn Dawgs. But you’ll also find loads of new attractions hosted by the Kiwanians, here’s what to look forward to at the Kiwanis of Griffin Fair 2015!
- Mega Tickets are on sale until October 8, they’re $20.00 and they get you in the gate and onto all rides for any one day! You can get your Mega Tickets at any local bank branch of FNB, United Bank and Georgia Banking Company, the Chamber of Commerce office, and the Kiwanis Office under the big blue roof at the fairgrounds. Normal entry is $6.00, and children 5 and under get in free.
- Local businesses are participating in the festivities, too! If you’re looking for a deal on admission you’ll have lots of opportunity: Tuesday will be Food Depot armband day, and you can get a $5.00 off coupon at Food Depot. On Wednesday you’ll get free admission when you donate six cans of food! All food donations will go to the Five Loaves and Two Fish Food Pantry. Thursday is Akins’ Feed and Seed armband day; get a $5.00 off coupon at Akins’ Feed and Seed.
- Red Dragon Lazer Tag will be FREE and open to all ages. Every day of the fair the 4-H equestrian area will be converted to a laser tag arena, and competitions will be recorded for end-of-the-fair trophies!
- There will be plenty of entertainment on the Fairgrounds’ multiple performance stages.
- The Spalding County “Born to Dance “ line dance team will be on the outdoor stage Friday the 9th at 7:00 to 9:00 with Autumn Clark singing during their break.
- Leah Register and Tonya Lowry will be on stage outside Saturday night the 10th.
- The After School Skate Program from Griffin Skate Inn will perform on the indoor stage at 6:00 on Saturday the 10th.
- Cowboys For Christ will be on stage in the building with the blue roof on Monday night the 12th.
- “No Limits Dance Ministry” will be on the outdoor stage Monday night the 12th at 7:00.
- The Spalding County 4-H Mounted Drill Team will be in the arena Tuesday 13th at 7:00.
- “All The Rest” will be on the outdoor stage on Wednesday the 14th at 7:00.
- Impact Dance and Cheer will have a group perform on stage in the building with the blue roof on both Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Garrett Collins Project will be on the outdoor stage Friday night the 16th at 7:00.
- And the Oak Hill Baptist Church Choir will be on the outdoor stage on Saturday 17th at 7:00.
- Rescue Me GA will have dogs available for adoption.
- The City of Griffin Fire/Safety Department is inspecting all buildings and they’ll host the Fire Pavilion, which will serve as the first aid/EMT center, “lost parents”, as well as general community safety information. The Griffin Fire Department, Police Department, and Georgia Forestry will also be providing demonstrations and information over the course of the fair.
- Local craft vendors will be selling their wares at the fair this year too, and if you’re a vendor that’s interested in booking a booth at the fair visit the Griffin Kiwanis office to sign up or get more details.
Get your tickets now!
Gates open at 5:00 Monday the 12th thru Friday the 16th, Saturdays at 1:00, Sunday the 11th at 2:00, and there’s even more to see at the fair than we could list here! Whether you’re going for the rides, coming back for your annual Korn Dawg, or bringing your kids out for their first fair, you’ll be blown away by how much more there is to see this year at the Kiwanis of Griffin Fair. For more information and updates on what’s happening at the fairgrounds visit the Kiwanis Fairgrounds Facebook page, and for information on exhibits, shows, and vendors visit the Kiwanis of Griffin website.